Lynn Rosen is an experienced speaker, workshop leader, and book discussion group leader. Invite her to your next event! Talks and workshops are listed below. Lynn is also available to lead customized workshops on request.
Lynn Rosen is a book publishing industry professional with many years of experience as an editor and literary agent. She is co-owner of the indie Open Book Bookstore in Elkins Park, PA. She was previously Editorial Director of Book Business magazine, and Director of Graduate Publishing Programs at Rosemont College. She is the author of Elements of the Table: A Simple Guide for Hosts and Guests. Lynn is the Books Blogger for The Philadelphia Inquirer.
Talks and Workshop Topics include:
BOOKS AND PUBLISHING
- How to Be a Famous Author: Negotiating the Business of Publishing
- Buzz Books: A Review of Forthcoming Titles for Reading, Book Clubs, and Gifts
- The Author Master Class: an hour and half workshop focusing on the work of one author. Choices include Ann Patchett, Edith Wharton, F. Scott Fitzgerald, Toni Morrison, Margaret Atwood, Virginia Woolf, Kent Haruf, and others by request.
- Too Busy to Read: An Exploration of the Role of Books in Our Culture
- I Have An Idea: A Look at the Creative Process
- Silencing Your Inner Critic
- Finding Your Passion
- Sparking Joy
- Fail Again: How to Make Failure a Part of Succeeding
To arrange for Lynn to speak at your event, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interviews & Clips
Lynn covers the book beat for The Philadelphia Inquirer. Here are some of her recent pieces:
Interview with author Ian McEwan, click HERE.
Interview with author Jay McInerney, click HERE.
Story about local event with Irish writers, click HERE.
Review of Ann Patchett’s new book, click HERE.
Review of Ron Rash’s new book, click HERE.
Lynn’s book blog, click HERE.
Lynn Rosen interview on CTV’s “Canada A.M.” discussing etiquette and her book Elements of the Table
Lynn Rosen on “A Chef’s Table with Jim Coleman” on WHYY, where she is Dining and Culture Special Correspondent
See Lynn Rosen’s Author Interviews with Bookshorts’ Moving Stories Book Trailers and Book Videos
- David Wroblewski, author of the New York Times bestselling book The Story of Edgar Sawtelle
- James Patterson, author of books too countless to mention
- Benjamin Mee, author of We Bought a Zoo: The Amazing True Story of a Young Family, a Broken Down Zoo, and the 200 Wild Animals that Changed Their Lives Forever
- John Hodgman, author and “PC Guy”